home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Monday, October 22, 2007

Quick Chili

Today is the first real "Fall" weather day we have had this season.
Fall in Missouri means cold COLD rain.
I got home from work and just knew that it was a real chili day. However, I didn't soak any beans last night nor did I have time for hours of chili cooking to happen.
I whipped out my Quicky Chili recipe and it came through yet again.
I love fancy chili recipes but every now and then you just need simple home style chili with no frills. This is just that.
Quicky Chili

Quicky Chili
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (I have even used chopped up pork)
1/2 onion chopped
1 envelope (1 3/4 oz) chili seasoning mix (I like Williams Mix)
1/2 cup water
1 can tomatoes (sauce, diced, what ever you have) about 14 oz
1 can kidney beans (any beans you have will do, I usually double the beans)
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Brown the meat and onions together till the meat is done and the onions are soft.
Add everything else and cook for 10 minutes. (you can certainly cook this longer but 10 minutes will d0)

If it isn't thick enough for you, you can add a couple of tablespoons of corn masa to thicken it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...