home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Monday, December 31, 2007

Just For Me! Hee Hee

As I was out shopping for last minute supplies last week, I found this wonderful combination of fabrics.
My Apron 1
I screamed BUY ME LUCY!!
So I did what all self respecting fabric addicts do, and bought it.
No it wasn't on my list, nor was it in the budget but it had to be mine.
I did do good things with it though. I had my sister Eileen of Oregon for Christmas this year so I made her a most marvelous apron from it.
My Apron 2
I had to make one for myself at the same time. I would take pictures of it on but it drowned my daughters and I can't take pictures of myself very well. Besides, I have bed hair and am still in my Jammies and you don't need to see that. hee hee
So.... here are the other shots of it.
My Apron 3
My Apron 4
up close
My Apron 6
Those fabrics just make me happy. I am in apron love.

15 comments:

The Stitching Surgeon said...

I love this fabric! There is only one word to describe this apron...adorable!
thestitchingsurgeon.blogspot.com

Sorka said...

Those are some shiney aprons!
Love the fabric!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

May I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! be your sister?? I am in lust for that apron!!

mama k said...

yay you found it!! That apron looks awesome!
Did you get it at Hobby Lobby too? If so, I think I got that same little dot fabric for my ruffle. LOL I have yet to sew mine up though.

Lucy said...

Well princess you look like one of my sisters. :o)
Mama K I did get that at Hobby Lobby and I bought all they had left (which wasn't much). I have sewn enough for other people lately and took advantage of time off and decided to sew for myself.

muralimanohar said...

That apron looks ADORABLE!!! I love the print..so cute!!

Marylois said...

I'll have to check our hobby lobby to see if they have some. Did you get all three fabrics there?

Danetta said...

Oh I love this! Daughter D has asked for an apron for her birthday this year so I have to get on it. I haven't made an apron since my girls were little.

Unknown said...

I am in Love too!!!!

Katy said...

OMG...i just LOVE those aprons! They are beautiful! You did such a fantastic job! I am in the process of learning how to use my sewing machine..it is an older one and kinda being a stinker to work with. I can't wait to try making stuff like this! i love it!

oh..and I notice...LOL..that there is another person with my same name that posted a comment above me! How funny! LOL

Anonymous said...

I think you can get the apron fabric at Hobby Lobby. A friend at my quilt guild showed something that was made of that fabric and she said her sister got the fabric from Hobby Lobby. I love your apron. So cute. I want to make one.

Sewing Geek said...

THANK GOODNESS for the internet! Otherwise, I would truly believe that I was the ONLY soul in the universe who was obsessed with fabric AND aprons. Whew. I can't stop making them and every day, sometimes every hour, I too hear the fabric voice "BUY ME". and it's always something that just looks like it's going to be an apron. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that apron fabric! :) Mary

Gretchen said...

Love it!

I have the same issue at the fabric store - may be why I try to only go on payday!

Jen S said...

of course what else to make with apron fabric than an apron!
Adorable pattern.

Shawnee said...

Perfectly adorable!!! I wish we had Hobby Lobby here in Oregon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...