home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sassy Apron Swap - Spring Apron

Well I finished my apron for the Sassy Apron Swap and have it ready to ship off today.
The requirements for the apron were that it must be spring themed, have a pocket, and come with a soup recipe.
Spring Apron 3
My partner is tall and has a liking for Japanese fabric. This apron came from a Japanese apron book my nephew brought back from Osaka for me. The pockets are made from Scrap Kimono fabric from his great Aunt's Kimono shop in Osaka.
Spring Apron 2
I made the apron out of light weight linen. I added the blossoms at the neckline to add a touch of spring.
Spring Apron 1
I hope my partner likes it. :o)

10 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

WOW! There is no way that she cannot like it!

angeliclenore said...

So fantastic! It's beautiful!!

whit said...

I love the added details, she is going to love it.

Amanda said...

That is perfectly springy- so airy and pretty and gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful.....such a simple design too. The neckline and pockets are perfect.

Cynthia said...

Oh it is beautiful. And you are done!

Tomorrow. Tommorrow I will finish, cause we are out for snow!!!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Lucy...your partner is one lucky gal...you did a great job! A soup recipe....oh no, I missed that one thing.....oh boy, will have to send a card to my partner with the recipe!!!

Marylois said...

If she doesn't like it she can send it my way :o)

Unknown said...

Love that apron. It turned out great, the pockets - fabulous! g

Unknown said...

do you have any photos of the back of the apron? great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...