home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Zina B Dress

I have been working on this dress off and on for about 6 months now. I keep making changes, hanging it up, coming back to it, adjusting things here and there.
Here is where the dress stands now.
Zina B Dress 4
I finally got someone that could model it for me too. It fits me but looks better on Clara. :o)

It is called the Zina B because when my mother saw it for the first time it reminded her of the dress her grandmother Zina B Cannon wore all the time. She said that Zina had it made in several bright cottons and that it also had a white collar. I am thinking of adding that to a future version.
Anyway, here are some more pictures of it. I also made an under dress to keep it modest. hee hee.
Zina B Dress 3

Zina B Dress 1

Here is one of the earliest versions I worked up last winter.
Zina B 3 Zina B 2
Zina B 4
Zina B 1

10 comments:

Chicky said...

Oh my gosh Lucy, those are adorable! I love the blue one...

Anonymous said...

I love the dress....I like the longer length and the gorgeous ruffle. You are truly a gifted seamstress.

jillytacy said...

Love it! I like your latest version the best! The underskirt is a fabulous idea. You are so talented!

Marylois said...

The latest version is my favorite too and I love Clara's foot wear!

CathyJean said...

Lucy,
That is a lovely dress! So pretty and looks comfortable to wear.
Are you going to write a pattern for it?

Jen Sue Wild said...

Ok so I am a big dork when I saw the mock ups you did on the Apronista I thought they were aprons and I liked the thought of a wraparound apron.

angeliclenore said...

FANTASTIC!! I love it! Will this be a pattern also??? I'm crossing my fingers!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Lovely dress, Lucy. I really love this newest version

Kellie said...

OH Lucy! This is such a pretty dress in all of it's forms! Very flattering!

I'm also wondering if there will be a pattern...

Anonymous said...

That dress is so cute! I wish I could make a dress for myself like that and have it turn out that great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...