home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Friday, March 06, 2009

Oh My Moda

Yes I know I need to be posting pictures of my sewing room but I am up to my eyeballs painting my house. Every free minute of the day is spent painting and painting, papaya Orange, buttercup yellow, pear green, fiesta Chile pink, imperial plum, La Fonda turquoise, and on and on and on. My skin and hair are sporting a rainbow of spots. I have also been battling the worst flue and strep infection I have had in a long time. Thanks to Silver Shield I am back on the mend and painting like crazy to finish up this house.
I am going to post about the room as soon as I have free minute that I am not coughing, painting or swapping something.
In the mean time I wanted you to share a lovely site that I discovered recently and have to share with you. It is fabulous!!!

Go check out Moda Bake Shop.

It is loaded with projects that use their wonderful fabric packs. As some of you know, I occasionally work at my friend's quilt shop when she needs my help. When I first saw the charm packs, layer cakes, and jelly rolls and such I wasn't sure if I liked them but have found them to be more fun than I ever imagined. They give you a wonderfully coordinated scrap bag effect to your project. You can mix and match fabrics from a whole line of fabric without having to buy the whole line of fabric. The sizes are very usable too. Anyway, I am not paid to promote Moda's line or fabric bundles. What I love about these projects is their scrappiness and the ideas they offer to USE UP your fabric stash. (after all remember that when the stash is gone YOU CAN BUY MORE!) I am looking at ways to use up my stash this month to reduce the clutter in my sewing room and here is a quick way to get ideas. Every post is a tutorial or a recipe for something to sustain you while you sew. :o)

4 comments:

All the places you love said...

So Lucy, when are you going to open YOUR online fabric shop?

Kebi Cedawna said...

This sounds like fun, I'll have to go check it out. I love charm packs too, such a variety of prints but they all coordinate.

By the way, "La Fonda Turquoise" cracked me up, reminds of the movie Napolean Dynamite. Yep, I'm a dork. :)

Nanna Grace said...

Greetings Lucy, I so enjoy your Blog.. oh and my husband adored the Buttermilk Pie.. i used your recipe.. and he Loved it!! Ihave an award for you over on my Blog if you would like to receive it ..Hope you have a wonderful day ... oh and bobbins are FERRRrustrrrrating to no end, I agree..;)!

Tulsi said...

I just read your interview on Swapdex. It was cute and fun to get to know you better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...