home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Basic Muffins

I just found this recipe and have to share it. It is so fast and easy and tastes fabulous. I have been looking for a recipe like this for a long time. Something that I can use for breakfast or dinner when we are out of bread but the meal screams for a tasty piece of bread to go with what ever we are eating. The recipe can be dressed up with additions if you want to also.

Muffins 003

Whole Wheat Muffins

2/3 cup brown sugar (can use less)
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 cup sour milk (add 1 tbsp vinegar to a 1 cup measuring cup and then fill with the milk, OR you can use buttermilk.)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups whole wheat flour (fresh if you can get it)

Blend the sugar and butter, stir in egg. Add the other ingredients and mix. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 375-400 deg. F. for 15 minutes.
Makes about 12 muffins.

You can add 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, dates, apples, etc.) to the batter.
You can also add grated cheddar cheese to the batter.
These are great plain with just butter.
They go well with soups on a cold fall or winter night.
Are you drooling yet? Go make some. You will have hot, delicious, and healthful muffins in about 30 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For someone who claims to be scattered, these are the most organized menus! Lucky eaters!

Love your site.

Lucy said...

Oh trust me. I really am very scattered. I had to keep turning the angle of my shot for the muffin so you couldn't see the scattered mess my kitchen table is covered with stuff for our fall festival next Saturday or the crumb covered boy that kept jumping up trying to get into the photo. :o) Scattered is me. I have to plan in advance so we are not just total choas ALL the time. :o) But thank you.

Marylois said...

The muffins look and sound great. I'll have to add this to my recipe box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...