home tutorials recipes aprons/patterns Soaps

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Canvolution 2010

Whether canning is the new trend or not it is something I have always loved to do.
canning
My mom started me (and all my siblings) early. We would shell walnuts, pit cherries, mash berries, etc...... It was a family thing and we did it together from planting, to picking, to storing, to enjoying. Seriously, nothing beats home canned peaches or strawberry freezer jam.
One of my NEW favorite blogs is Everyday Food Storage. This girl has it going on. Back in January she did a spot on her local TV about the trend of canning this year. I love the idea of a Canvolution. I am posting this button on my side bar and will start listing what I am canning. I want to keep a record this year of what I have stored for my family. I am recording things I can. I would love to see what you are canning too. And don't forget to go check out Crystal's blog and get some great food storage and canning tips.
Now is the time to be planting your garden and getting ready by gathering supplies, jars, lids, sugar, salt, etc when they go on sale or when you can afford to slip an extra in here and there. I will also try to post recipes for some of my canning treats as I go along.
Check out My Square Foot Garden for simple gardening ideas. This girls gardening abilities are amazing. She has only been at it for 4 years and has done amazing things and taught so many people so much. She has two new e books that really help you get started. Yes I ran out and got both of them and am impressed. I have read them and recommend them to anyone interested in starting a garden but isn't sure where to start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started tracking my canning/freezing efforts last year, and it's wonderful to look in my little blue notebook with the red canning jars on it and see how I've done. This year I'm also tracking hours in the garden, pounds of produce, and cash put into it. Since we bought a house last fall, I am really interested in how much can be done in our urban home.

Thanks, again, for the super fast mailing of my last soap order. I've never had such fast shipping.

Lisa A.
blueknitter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...